Monday, August 23, 2010

Downtown Raleigh Restaurant Week

In between doing t-shirt fundraisers, going on vacation (I was at the shore when I first wrote this) and taking lots of adorable pictures of cute kids, I am a graphic designer at the Downtown Raleigh Alliance, where we produce a number of downtown events. THIS week is Downtown Raleigh Restaurant Week, where you can order three-course prix-fixe dinners for $20 or $30.

I did design this postcard (not the event logo though). It's definitely not my favorite design, despite that fact that this was version 42-ish (not kidding or exaggerating about that number -- that's probably a conservative estimate). But I do get hungry whenever I look at all of the marketing material for this event, so that's good considering I don't even like lobster.

This event lasts for only seven days from August 23 to August 29. You can view the menus on the website, which are good deals for what you're getting. Last year's event was very successful, and we recommend you make reservations. If you've been wanting to try a nice downtown restaurant, this would be the time to do it. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the plug! I don't know how you do it all. You wear a lot of hats in a given week. You did a great job on that postcard. It's very fresh looking.

    ReplyDelete