Sunday, February 16, 2014

Let it be to me

If I were a poor teenager and a scary angel appeared to me to tell me I would be having a baby, how would I have reacted? Nope, not me, no thanks, just NO! I know me, and I would have tried to hide and fight God all the way to the stable. But this woman held the Creator INSIDE of her for nine months. She literally had God's presence within her own body. I heard a story last night about a teenager who died of cystic fibrosis last week. He reacted like most teenagers would in that situation: he said it wasn't fair and was mad about it. As far as my friend knew, he never accepted Jesus--despite opportunity--essentially because he didn't like his situation. From my vantage point, it all seemed so silly. He wasted his pain--something that could have been use to give God great glory--and missed the greatest joy of all, an eternity with Jesus, all because the illness wasn't his plan for his life. If I think a child in such a truly hard situation made a silly decision, why do I do the same thing all. the. time?? Mary didn't just passively opt in to being Jesus' mother because she had no other option. She IMMEDIATELY said to the angel, "Let it be to me as you have spoken." She welcomed it, not because she thought it would be fun and easy and right in line with her own plan for her life, but because she knew it was the Lord's will. And she received God's permanent presence, and she is forever called blessed among women.

Lord, I desire your presence. It's so natural to want to fight you, but I don't want to be separated from you now or ever. I need your Holy Spirit to cause me to desire to do your will.

The LORD will fight for you. You need only BE STILL.

No comments:

Post a Comment