Monday, July 26, 2010

Adoption Shirt Design


Well I thought this would be a good subject for my first real post. Several couples at my church are in the process of international adoption. I love the heart behind adoption because it is precisely what God did for us. We were fatherless, but God sent Christ as our ransom and adopted us as sons and daughters.

I designed this shirt for my friends who already have three boys and hope to adopt a little girl! We wanted to show that the gospel shines through adoption. All of the words on the shirt have to do with adoption, but the gospel is also clearly presented in the blueish color.

The shirts aren't printed yet, but I am really excited about getting them done, and I hope other people like them enough to support adoption!

3 comments:

  1. Just saw your link to this blog on fb, and the heading of your post caught me eye. i definitely want to adopt some day, and very possibly multiple times (from what i hear it's very expensive and a lengthy process... that'll definitely be the opposition). your shirt design looks great!

    -- liz gordon (dale)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the design. Might have to own one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much, Stacey! You've done an amazing job on these beautiful shirts that so very clearly present the gospel and our heart for adoption. We've had a great response to the shirts.

    Jen (sorry, I'm not sure if you're a Jen I know or not), did you get a shirt yet? If you still need one, leave a comment here or visit www.whereourhopeis.blogspot.com to buy online. Thanks!
    -Katie

    ReplyDelete