Friday, September 10, 2010

Gospel in a Tee

I have received some questions about what exactly the adoption shirt says, so I typed it out for you here. The words in bold (which are the blueish color on the shirt) are basically the Gospel in a nutshell--that in the beginning was God but we separated ourselves from Him but He promised to make a way for us to come to Him so He sent His son to be our substitute and die a shameful death so we don't have to. And in light of that love and grace, we live our lives for His glory instead of our own. Is that considered a nutshell? Probably not. Anyway, all of the other words simply have to do with adoption and are in no particular order. The ones in bold tell the gospel story in the context of adoption because the gospel naturally comes out of adoption. Pretty cool how that works out, right?

You can have one of these of your very own for a donation of $20 here (or by contacting me). Let me just say that there are still a lot left but certain sizes are going fast. So if you want one that fits, go buy it now. Yes, I said NOW. ALL of the proceeds go directly towards international adoption!

Orphans
Forgiveness, Fatherless, Son
In the beginning GOD
Grace, Sacrifice, Family Give, Go, Tell, Prayer, Truth, Cross at Calvary, Peace
Created in His Image
Mercy, Blessing, Provision, Holy Spirit, Love
Dead in our trespasses and sin
Abba, Patience, Mother, Sister, Deliverer, Hope
The Promise: I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you
Redemption, Fearfully and Wonderfully Made, Joy, Africa
Redeemed through His Blood
Pure undefiled religion, inheritance, faithful
Adopted as His Sons through Christ Jesus
Father, Child, Faith, Brother, Daughter
To the praise and Glory of the King
Chosen, Life, Home, Ransom, Rescued
Marked with a Seal
Forever, Ephesians One, Thanksgiving, Salvation
Promise Kept

Thanks for reading!

Stacey

1 comment:

  1. I love how the Lord has used your talent and His very own words to share the gospel and His heart for adoption, and to bless my family to be able to ransom our little one(s)! We love you, Stacey, and I'm so glad you're my sister in Christ!

    ReplyDelete